In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bow Tech 101 Airborn

clinteasterlingclinteasterling Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
What do you think about this new bow. I have shot one and thought it to be really nice.
I am wanting to get into bow hunting was wondering if this would be a good bow to start off with. Any feed back would be great.

Comments

• Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From what I know it should work. If you are just getting into archery I would suggest a more affordable bow, or used one for a year rather than blowing a lot of money and then finding out you didn't care for it. On the other hand there is something to be said for buying good stuff and haveing value when you want to sell it...

As for a hunting bow.... I think it is Bowtech's best hunting bow. Great design, good performance and with 7 1/4" BH and 36" ATA it should be easy to shoot. The 82nd is really fast, but the short BH makes it a little tough to shoot.
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    From what I know it should work. If you are just getting into archery I would suggest a more affordable bow, or used one for a year rather than blowing a lot of money and then finding out you didn't care for it. On the other hand there is something to be said for buying good stuff and haveing value when you want to sell it...

As for a hunting bow.... I think it is Bowtech's best hunting bow. Great design, good performance and with 7 1/4" BH and 36" ATA it should be easy to shoot. The 82nd is really fast, but the short BH makes it a little tough to shoot.

Continued....
    If you shot the bow and liked it, then it is likely the bow for you. My suggestion is to shoot all the bows out there, and then make your decision. I shot them all this year, and decided to keep my old bow as I didn't like any of the new ones better. Next year could be different. One other thing to keep in mind is the new 2009 bows will be out in or around December... May want to hold off till then. Deals get good on last year's bows and the new ones will be out.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1

Continued....
    If you shot the bow and liked it, then it is likely the bow for you. My suggestion is to shoot all the bows out there, and then make your decision. I shot them all this year, and decided to keep my old bow as I didn't like any of the new ones better. Next year could be different. One other thing to keep in mind is the new 2009 bows will be out in or around December... May want to hold off till then. Deals get good on last year's bows and the new ones will be out.

bada bing! What he said. I like the shorter A to A bows but thats just personal preference. Make sure there is no recall on it like there was on the General. [:D][;)]
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I hear quite a few guardians ane generals are exploding???
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

Didn't hear about Guardians but Bowtech put out a recall on the General last week or the week before. AND they aren't paying dealers labor for the fix. [xx(] My dealer friend is pretty upset.

http://www.mebowhunting.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/general_technical_bulletin.pdf
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

Didn't hear about Guardians but Bowtech put out a recall on the General last week or the week before. AND they aren't paying dealers labor for the fix. [xx(] My dealer friend is pretty upset.

http://www.mebowhunting.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/general_technical_bulletin.pdf
    bowtech is setting themselves up for a class action suit.from what I have read these things are letting go at full draw with no warning. I wouls be pissed if I were the dealer to you have to deal with your customer face to face.. kinda turned me off bowtech the way they are handeling this. well after all the bows I'm back to switchback XT... Big circle... [;)]
  • Options
    BBQGUYBBQGUY Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't forget, Bowtech now owns Ross archery. Ross in Oregon with Bowtech, not in K.C. anymore.
  • Options
    gregwgregw Member Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BBQGUY, what are your feelings on the Ross? I am torn between a general and a Ross..I drew a Ross back the other day and to be honest, I liked it better than the General, it seemed alot smoother...Not sure what to do..Any help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    bigfoot_4bigfoot_4 Member Posts: 310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi Gregw,
    I know this is a an old post but I just read it and wanted to let you know that Ross archery was acquired by Bow Tech.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigfoot_4
    Hi Gregw,
    I know this is a an old post but I just read it and wanted to let you know that Ross archery was acquired by Bow Tech.

I am saying this in a joking tone so don't get upset, look at the post above GregW, goof ball [:D] [;)]