In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What is going on in your state with the bow season

bigfoot_4bigfoot_4 Member Posts: 310 ✭✭✭
Hi all,
Just wondering if the conservation department is shaving your bow hunting season dates in your state also?
Here in NY in the northern zones they have shortened our bow season twice now. A few years ago they started rifle season a week earlier than before. Now this year they added muzzle loader season in with the last week of archery. So leaving us bow hunters with less time to score with the bow. Not to mention having to hunt in t-shirts. And no chance to hunt any where near the rut. What is going on in your back yard? [:(]

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Nope, have Oct. 1 threw Jan. 18(I think) this year. although they have talked about adding another firearm season.
  • Options
    A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Once deer season opens-deer season closes you can bowhunt.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    can bowhunt here from oct 1st - Janurary 31 non stop even through gun season[;)]
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    oct 15th thur jan 31st
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yea this was fast this year in NY. Only got 2 weeks of bow in the northern zone. Southern zone opens this Saturday. I am lucky to live right on the line so I am not affected at all.[:p]
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    October 18th thru November 14th this year. Then we get another week in December. Thats for most of the state. Some areas, like Bigfoots neck of the woods (Oct. 1st) and the Adk Mtns. (Sept. 27) open earlier. They also changed are opening days (gun and bow) so that they both always open on a saturday. They did this to get more hunters in the woods. Hate it. Trust me, we have more than enough guys in the woods.
  • Options
    bigfoot_4bigfoot_4 Member Posts: 310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NY & Guns22, Just where upstste are you? I grew up in Utica and then moved to Herkimer and now I live on the Island. I have a brother in Remson and one in Bonnville. Both can hunt in there yards.
    Bigfoot [8D]
  • Options
    MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Im in Rockland, but I bowhunt westchester, easthampton and hither hills. I have about 60 acres in Ithaca where my family hunts shotgun every year. Im gonna be out your neck of the woods around the 7th or 8th. I have permnission to hunt a golf course out there.
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    opening day for southern zone ny at sunrise and ill be chasing around 40 new release pheasants
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Nope, have Oct. 1 threw Jan. 18(I think) this year. although they have talked about adding another firearm season.

Here ya go Bang. You were close.
    quote:2008 DEER HUNTING SEASONS
    Archery - Oct. 1 through Jan. 15 in Cook, DuPage, Lake and that portion of
    Kane County east of State Route 47. In all other counties and that portion of
    Kane County west of State Route 47 the archery deer season is Oct. 1 through
    Jan. 15 EXCEPT archery hunting is CLOSED Nov 21, 22 & 23 and Dec. 4, 5,
    6 & 7 for the two seasons of firearm hunting. Archery deer hunting is OPEN
    during the muzzleloader-only season (December 12, 13 & 14).