In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I'm stupider

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
Got sat down last night when across the field I notice a momma and her young'n. Then I notice a nice little 8 start chasing her around. I had my horns and figured what the hay...I start rattling and he turns and starts my way thru the cockleburr patch. Then out comes a dang decent 10. Not very wide but nice and tall with enough mass. He is watching the doe and also the other buck. I hit the horns again and he starts running down the tractor path half way from where he was to where I am and he walks into the burr patch.
Well, the doe and her button walk past me at 26 yrds. Then, the 8 comes out of the burrs and does the same. The whole time, the 10 is about 60 yrds in the burrs watching all of this.
The 8 starts chasing the doe again and I can hear him grunting.
I keep waiting for the 10 to come out. He finally does when it is way to dark to shoot. Guess that's how he got that big hugh?
Everyone I talked to would have done the same for the chance at the 10 but that doesn't put meat in the freezer.

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    What a great hunt! getting to see action like that and that kind of quality animal! Way to go man!!!
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't feel bad chief I'd of done the same thing. There's still time to fill the freezer and better yet time to get that 10.[:p]
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hunter Mag
    Don't feel bad chief I'd of done the same thing. There's still time to fill the freezer and better yet time to get that 10.[:p]

It's just we are completely out of burger. I'm glad to witness what I did but if it would of unfolded out of sight that big doe would be ground up by now. [;)]
    I do know that it is still early.
  • Options
    anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    GREAT! Some call it "hunter education" ... but like you said that doesn't put meat in the freezer ... yet!