In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NJ rifle permit for BP

wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
Sucks to hunt
Black Powder in NJ. Even after you have suffers thru the hunter safety course and paid the $25.oo fee they want another for a rifle permit for BP.

Peoples republic of NJ like NY and Ill. is bad news for sportsman and good news for bureaucrats...

NJ Nazi inquisitions never ends under Frank Lautenberg and his democratic friend the other NJ Nazi Menendez both Dumycrats.

Comments

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,240 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The gun-savvy geniuses in The Garden State have declared the Red Ryder BB gun to be a "firearm."

Y'all are beyond hope up there in Yankeeland.
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Allen,
    Yes your words are true NJ requires individual pistol permits for bb pistols as well a firearms permits for Red Riders BB...
    There are some fools in Trenton making rules.
  • Options
    Gunners762Gunners762 Member Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpage
    Sucks to hunt
    Black Powder in NJ. Even after you have suffers thru the hunter safety course and paid the $25.oo fee they want another for a rifle permit for BP.

Peoples republic of NJ like NY and Ill. is bad news for sportsman and good news for bureaucrats...

NJ Nazi inquisitions never ends under Frank Lautenberg and his democratic friend the other NJ Nazi Menendez both Dumycrats.
    [:(!] Never set foot in the state...
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great place to live but our gun laws really, really suck. I have been here my whole life and cant wait to retire and get out of here.
  • Options
    west virgina cowboywest virgina cowboy Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We escaped from the Gestopo State in 2003 and hope to get the rest of the family out of New Germany in the near future. Thank God for West Virginia and the NRA.
  • Options
    BergtrefferBergtreffer Member Posts: 629 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I feel for you. It has to really rankle you. I am in Arizona, where we have always been open carry, and for a couple of years now we are also concealed carry without a permit. We get a lot of visitors from the communists states back east and they are always shocked to see people walking around on the streets, in Walmart, etc with guns strapped on.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I specifically recall buying an 1878 Colt Alaskan model there with no permit at the end of 1952 while in Ft Monmouth.
    Later as a Ramsey NJ resident (75-04) the State required a firearms ID as the basic document or permit at a nominal fee plus $2 per each handgun purchase ticket. Firearms previously owned or moved into the state with you needed only the Firearms ID to legally possess. No carry permits were issued except to guards and private eyes. A firearms ID was necessary to carry anything to a range, gunsmith, gun store.
    The NJR&PC operates a range with facilities that could serve as a model anywhere.
    Ignoring BATF interstate transport laws, police randomly stopped and searched through truckers and arrested those carrying handguns.
    It sounds like it's gotten worse.
  • Options
    swopjanswopjan Member Posts: 3,292
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bergtreffer
    I feel for you. It has to really rankle you. I am in Arizona, where we have always been open carry, and for a couple of years now we are also concealed carry without a permit. We get a lot of visitors from the communists states back east and they are always shocked to see people walking around on the streets, in Walmart, etc with guns strapped on.

What are the rules if you're not a state resident?
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    come to pa.,we still have the right to be free of the god alfull laws you suffer with in NJ.
  • Options
    pirate2501pirate2501 Member Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was across the border into NJ checking out a newly opened sporting goods store.They had some used rifles. Got interested in a Knight BP rifle with a scope. Offered the guy $265 for it. He's making out the bill of sale and asks for my drivers license. Sees I live in PA. and asks me if I have a NJ permit to buy a firearm.(WTH)Says I have to get one from the local sheriff to make the purchase. After he tells me I have to apply and pay a fee I said good-bye. Was so hard up to make the sale he follows me back into PA. and hands me the rifle and receipt.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pirate2501
    I was across the border into NJ checking out a newly opened sporting goods store.They had some used rifles. Got interested in a Knight BP rifle with a scope. Offered the guy $265 for it. He's making out the bill of sale and asks for my drivers license. Sees I live in PA. and asks me if I have a NJ permit to buy a firearm.(WTH)Says I have to get one from the local sheriff to make the purchase. After he tells me I have to apply and pay a fee I said good-bye. Was so hard up to make the sale he follows me back into PA. and hands me the rifle and receipt.

Please don't say that on here, were being watched. Hate to see you or that guy get into trouble.