In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

shooting a commemorative Colt SAA

peddlerpeddler Member Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭
Some Commemoratives are cheaper than a regular 2nd. Generation Colt, What do you thank of shooting one? And why are they sometimes cheaper than a regular 2nd Generation? Thanks

Comments

• stegsteg Member Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The minute you fire one shot from any unfired Colt Commemorative pistol -That is, one made by the Colt factory- you have destroyed at least one half of its collector value. And, as far as the experienced collector is concerned, there is nothing you can do to hide the fact that the gun has been fired.
  • peddlerpeddler Member Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why are they sometimes cheaper than a non Commemorative ? If you just wanted a great old Colt to shoot why not buy a Commemorative ?
  • stegsteg Member Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by peddler
    Why are they sometimes cheaper than a non Commemorative ? If you just wanted a great old Colt to shoot why not buy a Commemorative ?

The reason any commemorative Colt of any generation is offered at a price cheaper than its non-commemorative equivalent is that in all probability it has been fired.
  • swearengineswearengine Member Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have seen commemoratives sell for less than their counterparts simply because no one cares about commemoration. If that is the case, buy it, shoot, enjoy it.
  • Old hickoryOld hickory Member Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From what I've seen, the minute you buy a commemorative, you lose value. I love used commems, cause you get a good gun to shoot and 3 - 4 years later you get your money back(assuming you bought a used one to begin with)