In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Rossi 92

BigEdBigEd Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
Any experience with function and quality of the Rossi 92 in 38/357. The 20 inch octagon barrel looks interesting to me....how is it for balance? Maybe do some action shooting into the future. Thanks.

Ed

Comments

• Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had one with the 20" round barrel for a long time, it was one pretty gun, great wood and bluing, perfect fit. However I never could get it to feed correctly, it would bind up when feeding the round from the mag to the chamber. I took it to a CAS gunsmith (Walker '47 in Fullerton, Ca) for a once-over, he said this was a common thing with that particular gun/caliber. Even after he worked on it the thing was still balky, so I sold it off.

Before you buy, make sure it feeds 38's and 357's without a hiccup. If you get a gem, they're nice guns.
  • TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one of the short barreled ones.
    It needed a little smoothing up, I also bought a new steel mag follower and a plug to replace the ugly safety.
    Web search for Steve's Gunz.
    With my eyes it's a good 50 yard shooter.
    http://marauder.homestead.com/files/Rossitune.htm
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have 2 Rossi's, one in .39/.357, the other in .44mag. I had the .357 worked on at Walker 47 when they were at Hobby City on Beach Blvd. They did a fine action job on it. It's super smooth and reliable. The .44 has not had an action job but works fine.
  • Grass RangeGrass Range Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Use the Rossi .38 Sp all the time. Marlin and Winc stay at home