In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Filling a horn

50-70RB50-70RB Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
I have a horn that I made from a kit many years ago. It is fillable from the large end by removing a threaded wooden plug from the end cap. I want a second horn and all I'm seeing that are ready made have no means of filling except through the small dispensing end. How can this be efficiently done? With a small funnel or what? Thank you.

Comments

• hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,121 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 50-70RB
    I have a horn that I made from a kit many years ago. It is fillable from the large end by removing a threaded wooden plug from the end cap. I want a second horn and all I'm seeing that are ready made have no means of filling except through the small dispensing end. How can this be efficiently done? With a small funnel or what? Thank you.

I usually just remove the nipple hold the lever open and put a rolled up piece of paper in the hole to use as a funnel. it doesn't take much to fill the metal horns...
  • navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, fill with a small funnel. I have never seen a back-end fill location. A nice feature, but not very authentic to an American horn. But, who knows who did what?
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ted Case makes a nice brass funnel for exactly that purpose.