In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.32S&W Long help

MgderfMgderf Member Posts: 907 ✭✭✭
Having trouble finding data for a 90gr RN cast bullet
(Lee mold#311-93-1R).
I have Red Dot, Green Dot, and Trail Boss available so I'd really like to use one of these if possible.

Can anyone offer any help?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    only thing I have ever loaded was hollow base wadcutter for semi auto target pistols Sorry
  • Options
    navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Speer No. 13 lists 1.6 gr. Red Dot, 700 fps. 1.8 gr. (max. load) Red Dot, 771 fps, 95 gr. wadcutter bullet. Green Dot appears to be too slow to use in that cartridge.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by navc130
    Speer No. 13 lists 1.6 gr. Red Dot, 700 fps. 1.8 gr. (max. load) Red Dot, 771 fps, 95 gr. wadcutter bullet. Green Dot appears to be too slow to use in that cartridge.

Thanks, but I'm looking for data for a 90gr round nose bullet. I found data for a few different wad-cutters/semi wad-cutters.

I also had someone on another site just offer me the following,

90gr #2alloy RN
    Start 2.4gr Green Dot Max 2.7gr Green Dot
    I was really hoping to use Red or Green Dot, or Trail Boss.
  • Options
    peddlerpeddler Member Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My old Lyman Cast Bullet handbook has a 93gr.roundnose which has 1.8g of green dot to start at 528 fps and max.3.1g at 893 fps. Red dot is listed to start with 1.7g at 548 fps. with a max. of 3.0g at 943 fps. No trail boss in this old book. Good luck
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by peddler
    My old Lyman Cast Bullet handbook has a 93gr.roundnose which has 1.8g of green dot to start at 528 fps and max.3.1g at 893 fps. Red dot is listed to start with 1.7g at 548 fps. with a max. of 3.0g at 943 fps. No trail boss in this old book. Good luck

Thank you.
    That does help.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    with trail boss you just use a 'full' case (no compression). impossable to over load.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MIKE WISKEY
    with trail boss you just use a 'full' case (no compression). impossable to over load.

Thank you for that.
    That's interesting.
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MIKE WISKEY

Yeap.

From the website:

""Find where the base of the bullet to be loaded is located in the case and make a mark on the outside of the case at
    this location. Then fill the case to that mark with Trail Boss, pour into the scale pan and weigh. This is your
    maximum load. Pressures will be below the maximum allowed for this cartridge and perfectly safe to use!
    Take 70% of this powder charge weight (multiply the maximum load from step 1 by .7), and that is your starting load.""

Works with any size case!!