In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Wisdom Needed

JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
I've got a all steel repro Remington 1858 .44 and have been shooting 451 & 454 round balls thru it, I have a chance to buy a mold (bargin price) that is .465, is that pushing the limit and flirting with danger ? anyone with such experience ? or should I pass ? Thanks for any replies [;)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

Comments

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    it will put a lot of stress on the loading lever as you will be shaving quite a bit of lead off the balls upon loading ,buy it and see, you can allways resell the mold.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    you will 'shave' off any excess so that is ok, just be sure to use pure lead.
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks, I'm embarrassed [8)]...I really should have thought about the lead shaving & the lever pressure point.....guess I was more concerned about what went down the barrel.....which is a "no brainer", thinking like that maybe it's time I give'em up [:0]..... Nah, maybe next year [:D] [;)]. Thanks

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Save your money on this one
    You will also wipe off all bullet lube and need to put lube over loaded ball.