In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Thompson Center Round Ball barrel

CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
I just listed this on the auction side. A new unfired TC 50 caliber round ball barrel, 30" long, 1-66 twist. I've had this laying around for years, waiting for the right project. I'm tired of waiting, check it out. This will shoot center.
It's been many years since TC built these round ball barrels.
W.D.
http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=548552559

Comments

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,279 ******
    edited November -1
    I think you are a little optimistic on your starting price there Capt. For that kind of $ I was looking for the rest of the rifle to go with the barrel.
  • CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    Been watching what they are going for on other sites.
    W.D.
  • BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,279 ******
    edited November -1
    Seeing that T\C isn't making these anymore, I recon the prices are on their way upward. I was at a local gun show two weekends ago and turned down a chance to buy a new Green Mountain drop in barrel set in 40 caliber. The seller wanted 300 for it and I offered him 250. He wouldn't budge. I did pick up a very nice T/C Hawken in 54 percussion for 125 at the same show. I wish you good luck with your auction W.D.
  • CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    Thank you Joel, that round ball barrel will drop right into your 54 Hawken. I was always going to find a 54 Hawken with a bad barrel, and drop this one in, just never found the right gun. I've got a 50 cal. TC Hawken with a Green Mountain barrel that I've had forever, love that gun, and it shoots center.
    W.D.