In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Looking for parts for 1860 .44 Colt

knightriderknightrider Member Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
This says it all.
1860%20View.jpg
Numbers 1, 21, and 23. I need the main frame (the part that hold everything) and cylinder pin along with the pins or screws to hold the cylinder pin to the frame. Any ideas where to look and prices?

Knightrider

Comments

• amsptcdsamsptcds Member Posts: 679
    edited November -1
    The bad part is that most parts houses do not sell frames. The frames are the serialized parts.
    I think there are two reasons for this.
    One is an atf problem, at least according to Taylors.
    Taylors told me that because they had to ship frames to ffls that they just gave up on it. (yes I know.. bp.. non gun... don't ask me, that's what they said)
    The other is that they only make so many guns for each run.
    So to keep their numbers in order and I would say retail prices up a little they probably don't make extra frames.

You can find parts if you keep looking for personal ads, but to be honest, I don't really know where.

You might be well off by buying a junker here at gunbroker and rebuilding it.

The cylinder pin and retaining pin you can get at VTI https://www.vtigunparts.com/ab2240000Equick/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=79&cat=Uberti+1860+Army+.44cal

The retaining pin is the same as the barrel pin.