In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

John Wesley Hardin

plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
I am looking to replace a book that I loaned to a friend about Mr Hardin. However, I can not remember the title. It was a series of interviews from people that knew him.

Anyone out there able to help me???

He was a killing son of a gun.

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ran across the gun digest book of single action revolvers by jack lewis 1982 for $2...has fun info on sixguns & badmen.....library of congress 82-072295...check amazon.com or alibris.com.....enjoy
  • Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    try bookfinder.com title or auther search
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Was it possibly one of these?

The Capture of John Wesley Hardin by Chuck Parsons; The Last Gunfighter, by Richard Marohn and John Wesley Hardin; Dark Angel of Texas, by Leon Metz; Kill or Be Killed by Ed Bartholomew.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't think so. It was a series of interviews of people that actually knew him including soiled doves of Dodge I think. Was a fun read as if the people were actually talking to you and telling you about this man they knew.
  • Options
    yuma_dvcyuma_dvc Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The book is titled "The Pistoleer" by James Carlos Blake. Published by Berkley Books, NY. ISBN: 0-425-14782-7
    Best Regards
    Dick
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ah! Thanks I will track it down now.

BTW, I had a guy as a witness in a case one time that was an oil field hand. I told him about the book. He told me that he was raised by his grandpa and grandma. He said his grandma's uncle lived there and he would tease the old guy. One day his grandpa took him aside and said "Don't be teasing Uncle John. Grandma's family can be right down mean if they get cross."

Later he said that he found out Uncle John Selman was related to that other Selman who shot and killed John Wesley Hardin.

Just gotta love Odessa Texas.[:D]