In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anyone have a source for Oversized

amsptcdsamsptcds Member Posts: 679
Front sight blades?

I need some taller front sights for my Dragoons and one of my Remingtons. Does anyone have a link?

Comments

• Options
    oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.dixiegunworks.com/default.php

The definative place for anything having to do with black powder. I won't swear they have what you need, but if anyone does, they should. Good luck.
  • Options
    mazo kidmazo kid Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know Dixie has the taller front sight for the Remington as I got one a few years ago. Don't know about the Colt; check their website: www.dixiegunworks.com Emery
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys.
    I emailed them late friday as I didn't see any listed.
  • Options
    surbat6surbat6 Member Posts: 485 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One possible solution for a high-shooting C&B Colt is to file the notch and nose of the hammer to effectively lower the rear sight. I've done this and it really helps. Another compensation for the Colt's tendency to shoot high is to sight along the side of the barrel rather than using the sights at all (this doesn't work as well, or AT ALL at longer ranges).
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by surbat6
    One possible solution for a high-shooting C&B Colt is to file the notch and nose of the hammer to effectively lower the rear sight. I've done this and it really helps. Another compensation for the Colt's tendency to shoot high is to sight along the side of the barrel rather than using the sights at all (this doesn't work as well, or AT ALL at longer ranges).

Yep,
    I'll be able to do that on the Uberti Dragoon I have. The two others have intermediate leaf sights on the cylinder end of the barrel with 25/50/75 flip ups.
    The remington revolving rifle definitely needs a tall front sight also. It shoots high even at 50 yards. I might just order a target front sight from VTI. That might help the remmie.
  • Options
    BlckhrnBlckhrn Member Posts: 5,136
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by amsptcds
    Front sight blades?

I need some taller front sights for my Dragoons and one of my Remingtons. Does anyone have a link?

Cliff Jackson made his front sights from silver dimes.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Some people use period dimes as well.