In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Taurus Model 62 or 32 lever action rifle

bundybundy Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
I posted this question on the "Ask the Experts" forum but did't get a responce so I thought maybe someone who's into Cowboy Action shooting might have seen one at a match.
Has anyone here purchased, shot or even handled a Taurus Lever Action .22 Rifle Model 62 or Model 32? I've only seen pictures but I like the looks of them. I was wondering how well they were finished, shot, did the actions seem smooth and any other opinions of them. I have wanted a rifle that was in a 32 cal but couldn't justify the cost of the ones I've seen, the prices of these seem very reasonable. I haven't seen any of the Model 32's listed, so I wondered if Taurus started shipping them.

Thank you for any assistance.

Comments

• Options
    surbat6surbat6 Member Posts: 485 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Isn't the Taurus Model 62 a pump action? I've seen them in the gun shop and quality looks better than the Rossi M 62, though I don't care much for the pivoting safety on top.
  • Options
    bundybundy Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Taurus adapted the model 62 pump action to a lever action, if you go to there site you'll see what I mean. I think it would have been less confusing if they had assigned a different model number. I've seen several up for auction but haven't seen one personally.