In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CA black powder law.

nomadictaonomadictao Member Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
I would like to enter a giveaway on the other forum for a black powder pistol. Does anybody know if Kalifornia will let any kind of black powder pistol be shipped here..with or without a FFL? I had to pull out of a bid on a Colt Trooper auction once because of the absurd laws here. I would not want to win that black powder pistol and have to refuse it.

(I just found out the single action revolvers are exempt from the "drop test" rule).

Comments

• Options
    amsptcdsamsptcds Member Posts: 679
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nomadictao
    I would like to enter a giveaway on the other forum for a black powder pistol. Does anybody know if Kalifornia will let any kind of black powder pistol be shipped here..with or without a FFL? I had to pull out of a bid on a Colt Trooper auction once because of the absurd laws here. I would not want to win that black powder pistol and have to refuse it.

(I just found out the single action revolvers are exempt from the "drop test" rule).

Black powder weapons can be shipped here (CA) without an FFL. But some states like NY, (I think) require they be shipped TO ffl's only. So it depends. The receiving end is ok here.
  • Options
    modocmodoc Member Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Born in that weird state in 1937 when people were still intelligent, I lived happily for forty years,, then the crap hit the fan,,moved out into Oregon and lived here since..Now with all the influx of city folks from THAT STATE trying to escape the idiot fringe,,but bringing them with them,,this state is catching up..Oh where,, oh where, do I go next?? Since the wet backs are invading maybe I'll try Mexico..Must be lots of room down there..
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    There are always other options. Imagine being the king of your own country, making your own laws and having the biggest inground pool in the world!
    Techstar%20Raft.jpg