In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Schematic for T/C Firehawk??

pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
I just received what was supposed to be a NIB T/C Firehawk 54 caliber inline rifle. The safety lever looks to be missing, which I assume is preventing the trigger from being cocked. (since the trigger will not move/cock, and the bolt will not stay locked back) Does anyone have a exploded view of this firearm? I would like to see if this lever, or what (if any) other parts missing.

Second question. Do new T/C firearms come with an owners manual, or do you have to order that separate? Is the owners manual a paper version, video, CD, or what?

It has been a long time since I bought a new black powder firearm, so maybe it is supposed to come this way. If so, T/C has some splainin to do. If not, the seller does.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    surbat6surbat6 Member Posts: 485 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Of course T/C guns come with owner's manuals. I'd guess (from the missing manual and part) that your Firehawk is not quite NIB.
    But, if you bought it from a gun shop, it may be that a previous "customer" walked out with part and booklet after "inspecting" the boxed gun. If your seller was a private individual, it's a case of caveat emptor - know what you're buying.
    Thompson/Center will probably send you a free replacement manual if you write or call (be polite!). The part (safety? or sear?) may involve a charge for shipping and/or replacement part. You'll never know if you don't ask.
  • Options
    nonunionnonunion Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    nonunionnonunion Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thompson/Center will probably send you everything you need for free. Be real specific in your (snail mail)request(gun model,serial number,etc.). They have been great to me. T/C is the only blackpowder firearm for me! See www.tcarms.com for info about street address.