In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Holsters for New Ruger S.A.

RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
Been looking for a nice leather holster for my 50th Anniv. .357
No luck so far. I was told that holster made for the Colt SAA work nicely with the small Vaquero, but don't know if they'll take the 50th with the larger front sights.
Any ideas?
Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    knightriderknightrider Member Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If my undersanding of everything with the 50th Anniv. Rugers and the new model is they are the same. Being so I have a set of holsters for my New Model Rugers that were made for the old model and they work just fine. I don't know if you are wanting Cowboy holsters or a more modern one. The reason that most people assoicate the New Model Rugers with Colt SAA is the grip is just as slim other than that its all Ruger. This is the best advice I can give you with the informaiton given. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Knightrider,
    Thanks for the comments. I'm not too choosy on style. Looking for something fairly simple, open and leather. I have a nylon holster thats functional enough, but it just isn't the same.
    The beauty of the NEW New Models is that they're made on the old .357 size frame (much closer in size to the Colt) rather than the single large frame that Ruger went to originally with the New Model innards.
    Hence a New New Blackhawk would fit in a colt holster where the "old" New Models would not. Questions at this point seem to narrow down to this,
    1. Has anyone yet made a decent leather holster specifically for the 50th Anniversary .357, and,
    2. Will Colt SAA holster that apparently work well with the "New New" Vaqueros, also have room for the 5oth which has a lot more metal hanging of the muzzle end.
  • Options
    knightriderknightrider Member Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am just guessing you want a SASS holster. Which in this case yes. Just choose a hoster from any of the well known sellers and choose the Ruger size. If you have any questions e-mail the maker. They should be able to answer any of your questions. One of the best places to look for leather holsters would be www.sassnet.com. Good luck.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    knightrider,
    No, not SASS, just looking for a good woods carying rig. That said, I'm in the process of checking out the SASS site. Sounds like the best bet. Thanks,
  • Options
    OklahomaboundOklahomabound Member Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Look at the Kirkpatrick leather web site... on several of their holsters, good people to deal with...