In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Load Specs Help

dogmandogman Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
New to Cowboy Action... I need some hand load specs.
Need to load 130 gr. cast lead Meister bullet under 1000 fps for a Ruger New Vaquero .357. I'll also be using the same round for my carbine which will have to be under 1400fps. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    Check yer e-mail.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks - checked e-mail. Gave the links to the shooter. Wish it was me, but that's a fer piece down the road[:(]. Glad you responded. Not a lot of turn around on the topic...
  • Options
    macabestmacabest Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Consult the reloading books, or powder manufactures web sites. I load at the very minimum the book says.
    Marc
  • Options
    ThrockmortonThrockmorton Member Posts: 814 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nearly all of the powder comapnies have online data now,and nearly all of them have a 'cowboy load' section.I start at the middle,ro even a tad higher as the minimum loads are really pipsqueeks most times.I want to hear the steel ring a bit.
    Are those bullets flat pointed for carbine use,btw?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I wish I knew if they were flat nosed... it's not for me, unfortunately. I'll ask.
  • Options
    OklahomaboundOklahomabound Member Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    as suggested above, the various powder companies have recommended loads for different weight bullets and calibers... Load 5 rounds at the minimum and increase in powder weight in small increments, find the load that you and the gun can shoot round holes with POA coincident with POI.