In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Loaded Black Powder today...

OklahomaboundOklahomabound Member Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭
Loaded Black Powder up today for the first time.... Loaded .45-70 rounds for the Springfield Trapdoor carbine. Followed the recommendations from J. S. and Pat Wolf to the letter. Proof testing will be tomorrow at the range. Can hardly wait!!

And went to the range and shot my first 20 rounds (all off of a bench rest).... Golly gee whiz! First group of five went on the 50 yard target. First of the five went higher than the next grouping of 4 (1 1/2"). Then the next five at the 100 yard target; used the blowtube between shots; had a great grouping (2" or so). Rodded the barrel, and then 5 rounds to the 200 yard target; this trapdoor likes the 200 yard distance. Hard 3" grouping for 4 and not sure what I did on the 5th round, but it was out about 5".
Then went to the silhouettes with the last 5. Ain't this fun!

Comments

• Options
    OKTrapOKTrap Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Winchester High Wall in the .45-70 ... it's a lot of fun. The best thing I like about it, is that I can load to hunt deer a much lighter load, and carry more knock down that a .30-30 with less damage.

My next project to come up with ... a .45-100 trap door.

Good luck with it, have fun and be safe.