In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

CVA Hawken parts?

Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
I have a early to mid 80s vintage CVA 50 caliber Hawken type muzzleloader that my brother left here when he moved out of state. The screw that secures the hammer to the lock has half of the head broken off, and the screws that secure the lock to the stock are missing.

I found a web site for CVA and was able to send them an e-mail as to the availability of parts. I got a canned response that sait it takes about 10 days for them to answer e-mails. Meanwhile, while I wait, does anybody have a source for parts for this smokepole?

He also left a 1803 Harpers Ferry 58 cal flinter here that needs a complete lock, patchbox cover and some other little stuff. I think it is also a CVA but it doesn't say.

I would like to get this stuff running.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From their website:

Because of the many different parts available that fit a variety of CVA products, we do not accept parts orders online. However, we are continuously updating our parts inventory. We plan to have parts listings and schematic diagrams for all CVA firearms available online within the year.

In the meantime, please contact Customer Service with any requests for information on parts, or to order replacement parts. You can reach the CVA Customer Service Department Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4:00pm, Eastern Time, by calling (770) 449-4687, or faxing to (770) 242-8546. You can also e-mail questions and comments only regarding parts availability.
  • longbow589longbow589 Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Look in your local pawnshops .You can get a used cva for about $50.00 and most parts are interchangeable