In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Welcome To Winston Bode, Moderator

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
Everybody wish Winston Bode a warm welcome. He has been lurking a long time, and has even posted some. SaxonPig asked to be relieved of his moderator duties here, and I couldn't think of anyone more qualified to take his place. This old boy is a cowboy action shooter and knows his business. He just don't say much.

Comments

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
  • Winston BodeWinston Bode Member Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks,

Hope I can help!

Bode
  • MrOrangeMrOrange Member Posts: 3,012
    edited November -1
    Black powder, Duelist?
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome aboard Winston.
    Congrats on the demotion. [}:)][;)][:D][:D]

quote:He just don't say much.
    Yup.
  • surbat6surbat6 Member Posts: 485 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wlcome from an ol' wannabe cowboy.
  • anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, Winston, welcom aboard as our moderator. The BP guys and the SASS boys are a pretty good lot ... well, OK, for the most part. [;)][;)]
    edited November -1
    Mr. Orange,

I started out shooting the black powder cap and ball revolvers. I have also shot duelist and gunfighter over the years. At this stage in my SASS career I shoot modern. I use two Ruger three-screw Blackhawks in .41 mag., a Marlin lever action rifle in the same caliber and a Norinco pump shotgun.

bode
  • oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome Winston. I shoot and hunt with BP, but no SASS experience. I like BP revolvers for play fun, use all kinds of BP rifles and shotguns for hunting.
  • amsptcdsamsptcds Member Posts: 679
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Winston Bode

Mr. Orange,

I started out shooting the black powder cap and ball revolvers. I have also shot duelist and gunfighter over the years. At this stage in my SASS career I shoot modern. I use two Ruger three-screw Blackhawks in .41 mag., a Marlin lever action rifle in the same caliber and a Norinco pump shotgun.

bode

Hi Winston!
    Is that Norinco still good if its one of the trench gun versions? (for cas) I don't know, I haven't been in much contact with the local cowboy shooters yet. I am just wondering.
  • MrOrangeMrOrange Member Posts: 3,012
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Winston Bode
    Mr. Orange,
    bode
    Noe there's a man who's done a few laps with different types of equipment!

I enjoy my 1858 Remington, but I just can't stand getting dressed up, so CAS is out for me. Besides, the cost of all the guns, gear and costuming kinda put it out of reach. I always thought if you wanted to be really authentic to the old west, and not representative of a Billy The Kid type, there should be one shotgun per family of shooters, and maybe two rifles and a pistol for every two wagonloads. Every stage would be "run what ya brung".

But hey, every discipline has it's quirks; just don't get me started on IPSC!
  • OklahomaboundOklahomabound Member Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome aboard Winston Bode. I come through these parts occassionally and read through all of the forums...
    I'm still shooting smokeless; however, have loaded my first Black Powder rounds and will shoot them in our club's October shoots.
    edited November -1
    Hey AMSPTCDS,

Well, the trench gun versions are not legal for SASS. I don't know why but that's what the rules say.

Bode
    edited November -1
    I suppose the heat shield and bayonet stud place it out of the 1890 category.
  • surbat6surbat6 Member Posts: 485 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe you're right, IIRC, the trench gun variation didn't come out until 1917. The barrel shroud was designed to accept a U.S. M1917 bayonet.
    edited November -1
    Glad you're here Winstom.
  • ThrockmortonThrockmorton Member Posts: 814 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I"d think a Texican would have more sense than to volunteer to try to moderate this rowdy bunch.:)

welcome aboard!!!