In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

cva wolf

ChetStaffordChetStafford Member Posts: 2,794
I was reading an article about cva muzzle loaders blowing up it said that cva inlines were exploding with a 150gr load in them I was wondering if anybody knows if there has been any problems with the wolf or the optima ?

Comments

• Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a CVA Staghorn Inline. It was the one that they had recalled. I called them, they asked me to send it in. I did, they sent me back an Optima, which I absolutely love. Magnum (150gr) powder charges don't phase it one bit.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    zbanggzbangg Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I accidently left the ram rod in my inline today and discharge it. The gun was a CVA Wolf 150 grain magnum. I had loaded a 150 grain charge, and placed a 250gr bullet down the barrel and got distracted by a near buy shooter. I then added the 209 primer and took aim. The explosion was the most intense I have every felt in my years of shooting big game rifles. The gun and shooter are fine, but the whole gun leaped out of my hands and scared the heck out of me. Lessons learned. This gun stayed together and showed no signs of damage.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,241 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My neighbor pulled that same trick. He fired his ramrod from his brand new CVA Optima. He had a 250 SST and 100 gr. of Pyrodex in the bore.
    He said there was quite a kick. The ramrod hit the steel target frame at 50 yards and destroyed it.
    He can detect no damage to the gun. I suggested that he send it back to CVA for inspection, but he won't do it. He is rather hardheaded.
    He has fired it 20 times since with no problem.