In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Savage 10 ML II

ljsupertljsupert Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
Thinking about buying one like to hear from people who have one.

Comments

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,234 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one. This is a great rifle.
    Accurate and powerful. It has a closed bolt, no crud hits the scope, no leaves or sticks can get into the action.
    Great to have a muzzleloader that you don't have to clean every time you shoot.
  • Options
    KX500KX500 Member Posts: 733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Awesome gun. I always hated cleaning a muzzleloader and with these that is minimal (using smokeless that is). Extremely easy gun to live with. Recommended loads are spot on and using relatively small amounts of powder can yield high performance with surprisingly mild recoil. Unless you lean towards the traditional side of muzzleloading, buy one. You won't regret it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If you decide to get one, go to this web site. These guys know everything about the Savage.

http://dougva.proboards34.com/index.cgi?board=Savage
  • Options
    mkr12162mkr12162 Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can someone tell me why you cannot just shoot smokeless powder in a encore, instead of buying the Savage?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Smokeless generates a great deal more pressure than black powder, or 777. Therefore, the barrel must be designed to handle the pressure of smokeless. Also, the area where the primer meets the barrel must be especially designed to handle this pressure, or you would get some nasty blowback from the primer area.
    To sum it up, if you shoot smokeless in an encore, the barrel will explode.