In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

a&h mountain rifle & pyrodex

rp85rp85 Member Posts: 360 ✭✭✭
hello;

anyone here use pyrodex rs, not pellets, in their a&h mountain rifle? problem is i read the owners manual and it said to use only black powder. no pyrodex pellets. thanks for any input.

rp

Comments

• Options
    oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    rp, I'm not familiar with your gun, but you've given me something new to chew on. This is the first time I've heard of a manufacturer advising NOT to use pyrodex. However, if they tell you not to, you probably shouldn't without finding out what the reason is.
  • Options
    rp85rp85 Member Posts: 360 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hello;
    austin halleck mountina rifle owners manual says not to use pyrodex. but on the barrel is says use only black powder or pyrodex.

sometimes if you read the owners maual you have problems. my only question i have now is trip 7 o.k. to use. thanks for input.

rp
  • Options
    R D HenryR D Henry Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pyrodex and 777 are both made by Hodgdon, so I fail to see a problem so far. 777 is a whole bunch easier to clean up after, but it's a whole bunch hotter than Pyrodex, so use caution.

When in doubt, refer to the manufacturer's data...

http://www.hodgdon.com/

I would contact the maker of the gun for a clarification, just in case. Hate to see you have an oopsie, and the company tells you too bad! [8D]
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The company won't tell you anything.
    Austin Halleck is gone.