In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

winterizing t/c omega

bigge8882bigge8882 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
I have put bore butter and some rem-lube down the barell is that good enough for preventing rust? Someone said stay away from petroleum based rust preventatives. Any ideas here?

Comments

• Options
    ScharfSchutzeScharfSchutze Member Posts: 803 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd cover all the metal parts in oil, as well, and keep it in a nice DRY space... that should be all ya need to do... just clean off the oil and grease next time you shoot [:D]
  • Options
    ahanksterahankster Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The reason some folks say to stay away from the petro based cleaners and oil is that if you use some subs, it will cause gunk to form when shooting. Not for long term storage.
    I would get as much of the bore butter out as I could. That stuff is junk. Clean your barrel very, very well with hot water and windex window cleaner. Then, use a good quality gun oil, and lube it up well. Then store it as you would any other gun. If you have all the BP or sub residue out, then you don't need anything special for storage.
    Hank