In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Euroarms 1861 leaf sight question

wingerpwingerp Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
I have a Euroarms 1861 Springfield replica. Shoots well, but shoots left. Front sight is welded on (also a bayonet bracket), so it's not gonna move. Rear sights are leaf type. Breech end of rear sight is dove-tailed and muzzle end is screwed down with no adjustment. How can I fix this puppy so I can have some sight adjustment? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have some windage adjustment with the rear sight since it's dovetailed. Just a light tap to right or left. In your case, shooting to the left, tap it to the right.

For vertical adjustments, about all you can do is use a taller front sight to lower, file it down to raise.

Or, you can replace the rear with something that will fit the dovetail and does both. You'll need to know the size of the dovetail, then go to one of the online parts dealers and select the one you like. You're going to have an unused screw hole left over of course, unless you can find an exact replacement adjustable sight.

Here's a place to start: http://www.e-gunparts.com/?