In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

45/70 remington rolling block actions

muzzleloader-2muzzleloader-2 Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
Does anybody know if there is a source out there for original remington 45/70 rolling block actions that are in or restorable to shooting condition? I have a nice piece of burl walnut pre-carved for a #4 action. would be nice to find one with a new barrel attached. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    muzzleloader-2muzzleloader-2 Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi edgsmh: Sorry about taking so long to reply I have been very busy lately. Thanks for your interest in my project. I have a carving machine and was carving rolling block butt stocks for a fellow named Don Rogers who unfortunatley passed away about 4 years ago. Don was a barrel man and he was going to trade me an original rebarreled action for a nice piece of burl walnut carved and fit to one of his actions. Sad to say it never happened due to his passing. You were correct in your 1st reply. My piece of wood is for a no.1 action. I am still looking. I would definatley be interested in the blue prints you have. How can I contact you?
  • Options
    mazo kidmazo kid Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You need to keep looking at gun shows, auction sites. etc.Here are a couple of POSSIBLE sources: frontierarmory@sbcglobal.net,
    405-794-9171 evenings
    Also, Ed Knisely advertises parts, but don't know if he has actions.
    Ed Knisely
    RD #25
    York, Pa.
    Good luck. Emery
  • Options
    BlckhrnBlckhrn Member Posts: 5,136
    edited November -1