In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hawken type for kids..

bull300wsmbull300wsm Member Posts: 3,289
Hey guys did any company make a Hawken type for youths? I have a nine year old shooting 4-H this year. I have a Traditions .36 cal that his brother started with last year. This one is smaller in stature and has a hard time holding the .36. The length of pull on the .36 is the same as a .50 but the barrel is shorter. Does anyone make a youth muzzleloader that is traditional? Any help apreciated...Bull

Comments

• allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the Dixie catalog from 2003. This book lists the "Deluxe Cub Rifle and Kit." It is for women and boys, .40 caliber.
    You could contact Dixie and learn what the length of pull is.
    This is a Pennsylvania style rifle. Cost $450.
    Or, if the length of pull is too long, you could buy the kit for $350 and make the length of pull that you want.
  • steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I owned a Thompson center Seneca 45 that was a lighter gun. If you type in hawken at gb you can find some at around 100.00 For that money you could cut the stock to size and use a recoil pad.