In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Paper Cartridges

actionaction Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
Yes I have searched the forum and found posts for pistol cartridge. I just bought a .54cal sharps percussion breech loader. I would like to know what is the best paper to use for making the cartridges.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    actionaction Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    New to cap and ball revolvers. Have been doing some research and I want to look into making paper cartridges instead of loading each individual chamber with powder,wads and lead.Can anyone on this board give me some hints on the best way to making a paper cartridge for my cap and ball revolver?

Thanks,
    Jerry
  • Options
    knightriderknightrider Member Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've never come across "paper cartridges" for ball and cap revolvers. The ones that I know about are for muskets and rifles. The main problems that I can come up with is the correct loading of the powder and ball and getting it to set off the powder. Your best bet if your going to try this is to use Pyrodex Pellets for your charge. Then the problem is to get the load and the ball to seat and fire. keep me posted if you try this.
  • Options
    darksiderdarksider Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    check out the April 2007 issue of the Cowboy Chronicle the news paper for cowboy action shooters who are members of SASS the Single Action Shooting Society there is an article about a shooter who make his cartridges for his 1851 Navies with instructions and pictures
  • Options
    challenger_ichallenger_i Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jerry, send me a note to coltdriver1961@yahoo.com and I will give you all I know on making, and shooting, paper revolver cartridges.
  • Options
    powdersmokepowdersmoke Member Posts: 3,241
    edited November -1
    Posted this once before the sites in the post, if still good, offer the information you may need.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=199757&SearchTerms=paper