In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sharps Business Rifle Copy

Rifleman188Rifleman188 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
I have an Italian .50-110 Sharps Business Rifle that is marked made in Italy and Palmetto I do not believe its a Pedolisi (Spelling) but it is an older replica. Any Info would be appreciated The Rifle is Probably 90 to 95% and Info on market value would also be helpfull as I am considering selling it in the future.

Comments

• Options
    mazo kidmazo kid Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have no personal knowledge of this rifle. However, what I have heard is that it is a lesser quality firearm, not measuring up in any manner to Uberti or Pedersoli arms. Dixie Gun Works sells some of the replica guns made by Palmetto. www.dixiegunworks.com
    Emery
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Palmetto made the Garrett Sharps in the 1980s, which has a good reputation, even on the Shiloh board. Some say quality slipped after Mr Garrett quit handling their products, I just don't know.
    I have read that Pedersoli started making Sharps on machinery bought when Palmetto quit.