In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Barnes Expander MZ's

CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
Let's hear about them.

Anyone compare them to the Knight Red Hots?

Seems that they are one in the same. I'll be switching to one or the other this year.
Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.

Comments

• OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cubslover
    Let's hear about them.

Seems that they are one in the same. I'll be switching to one or the other this year.

I started out shooting the barnes MZ

DAMM they where hard to load.

Great bullets the one i recovered from an elk retained 95+ % of its original wieght.

A second shot was a lost cause with those sabots, I never could get the second shot all down onto the powder it would get hung up in the 777 CRUDE RING, after a Spit patch it wasn't a concern. but rarely do you have time for that in the field.
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Odawgp
    quote:Originally posted by cubslover
    Let's hear about them.

I started out shooting the barnes MZ

Great bullets the one i recovered from an elk retained 95+ % of its original wieght.

A second shot was a lost cause with those sabots, I never could get the second shot all down onto the powder it would get hung up in the 777 CRUDE RING, after a Spit patch it wasn't a concern. but rarely do you have time for that in the field.

I've heard a lot of reviews saying they are hard to load. Maybe I'll give the T/C Superglides a shot.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • festusfestus Member Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use them in my remington, and they are very accurate, but they are very hard to load. The only reason I still use them is because they are the only thing that the gun wiil shoot accuratly. I use powerbelts in the knight muzzleloader, and wish the remington liked them. I hear a lot of bad things about the powerbelts, but many deer later (all one shot) and we still use them!
  • mwd571mwd571 Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are one in the same. Also if the sabot and bullet are hard to load, go to the MMP HPH 24 sabot or get some of the easy load sabots they are selling this year as a new bullet/sabot set up. My Knight Revolution loves this bulest as well as the Barnes TMZ bullets, I shoot weighed powder, 777 FFFG with the power stem breech plug and can get the second one down the barrel for a second shot if needed.
    Stay away from those Triple 777 primers as I have hang fires with them and I use the Federal 209 primers for my shooting