In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Help identify this old gun

Underdog2264Underdog2264 Member Posts: 164 ✭✭✭
I have this nice 45 cal caplock that no one can seem to identify. I have taken it to a couple of BP gurus and still nothing. It is a Hawken half stock style, with 2 removable barrel wedges, a semi fancy brass patchbox and case colored lock. Barrel is 45 cal 35 inches long, made in Spain with AMR stamped on the left side. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. I have pictures (too large for here) I can send if needed.
Thank you

Comments

• Options
    408408 Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you can find someone with some old Dixie Gun Works and Navy Arms catalogs you will more than likely find it. Armi Jager or something like that. I had 2 spanish made long rifles many years ago. Also had a Spanish made flintlock tower pistol in 75 cal.smooth bore. I only ever fired it at night with a over charge and wad for the smoke and fire effect! The kids loved it. It was the pirate gun.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We gave the Dixie rout a try with one of the experts I took it to, No luck, or maybe just not enough catalogs [:D] 6b7f_1.JPGMaybe this will help
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey it worked how bout that....[8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here is an update. I found a twin to this one, but in 50 cal. Everything is exactly the same down to the finish on the interior of the lock parts.( yes I had to buy it) Only one difference, the barrel is marked EX not AMR. A friend suggested that this is not a makers mark but the proof testers stamp, on both this and the .45. Any thoughts or ideas?