In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shipping Questions

Geoffs93Geoffs93 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
You don't need an LTC to purchase a muzzleloader in Massachusetts. Does anyone know if guns purchased on this (or other) sites can be shipped to my house in MA, or must an FFL be used?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I live in MI and want to sell my 54 cal black powder, do I need a FFL and does the buyer need an FFL. And how complicated is it to ship after it sells.

thanks for the help
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cabelas catalogue lists five states which "may have" restrictions against shipping muzzleloaders to, and Massachusetts is one of them.
    That is not exactly an answer to your question, but I am sure someone who knows more will chime in.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah. Unfortunately, companies that won't ship to MA doesn't necessarily indicate that it's not legal. Our AG pursued many companies for shipping ammunition to MA, and many of them agreed not to ship ANY firearm related in exchange for the suits being dropped. Additionally, many companies refuse to manufacture or sell firearms in MA due to the hoops they must jump through to "get on the approved list". Still other companies refuse to repair firearms legally owned in MA, because they had agreed not to ship into MA, even though it's legal.

MA General Laws exclude many muzzleloaders. I'm pretty certain it's allowed to ship here, I'm just looking for confirmation from someone who knows. Here's hoping someone does chime in.