In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1866 Winchester (Uberti) action

westkybandedwestkybanded Member Posts: 259 ✭✭✭
Well I just got mine up and running again after a six year hiatus of being broken in the back of the safe.

I'm noticing something now that didn't bother me before, but I'm ready to address now... When the action is closed, the lever is "sloppy"... By that I mean that it freely falls down about 5/8" from the bottom of the grip. Been that way ever since I bought it new in 1995. Is there any way I can get that up a little tighter?

Comments

• Options
    R D HenryR D Henry Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    On the underside of the rifle, you'll see 2 screws, just in front of the lever...are they both tight?

These screws hold the left and right lever springs. You may, in fact, have a broken spring.

You may want to pull the side plates off and have a look inside.
  • Options
    westkybandedwestkybanded Member Posts: 259 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You know, that's what I thought at first. The one opposite from the loading gate seems to be the tensioner. I'm curious if I were to put some kind of small washer between the spring and frame if that would let me get more leverage on it.

I had it completely apart two days ago and both springs are good.
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    i have a 66 uberti in .45 colt that i have not fired yet, but i will check it today. eastbank.
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    just checked my uberti win. 66 repo in 45 colt, the lever is tight. eastbank.