In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Factory 45 Colt Loads

challenger_ichallenger_i Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
Any one have an idea of what the load specks of Remington factory 45 Colt would be? How hard are the bullets?

Thanks, for humouring an idiot![:D]

Comments

• challenger_ichallenger_i Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you looking for the Black powder equivilant?
    edited November -1
    No. I am looking for the loading specks of Factoty Remington ammo, so that I can compare them to the specks of "Cowboy" loads.

The reason I am looking, I found 5 boxes of the older "Green and Yellow" boxed ammunition, and I want to find out if I can use it in my 1858 Remington, with the R&D cartridge conversion cylinder. The instructions state to use "Cowboy" loads, only.

Thanks, for responding!
  • R D HenryR D Henry Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK...now we're getting somewhere!

Even if you were to knock down a round to examine the powder, big companies like that use commercial grade powders that aren't redily available to guys like us. Also, even to the extremely experienced reloader, you'd probably never figure out exactly what the powder is.

That said, since they're in the older boxes, it could be some pretty warm stuff, and not conducive to the Remmie conversions. If you have another 45 laying around that's nice and tight, I'd try em in that gun...not the Remmie! Better yet...a rifle.

The newer factory loads that say "Cowboy Action" or some such thing, are a bit milder, and would probably work well in your gun.

Hope this helps ya somewhat! [8D]
    edited November -1
    The information is helpful, yes. Thanks, for the leg up!