In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comblain Rifle

ChukpikeChukpike Member Posts: 19
Here is a very nice example of a Brazilian Comblain Rifle. It is an 11mm, drop block, concealed hammer breechloader from around 1880's. Made by ED Malherebe Liege, Belgium. S/N 28115. This rifle is in very good conditon, would like some names of gunsmith in S. Cal to see if it is safe to shoot. I think it is, but have to find ammo for it first. I plan on selling it after I learn more. It has been in attic since about 1972. Been in family since 1920's
Visit
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chukpike/
Still trying to figure out how to post pictures here.

Comments

• rgergergerge Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nice, how much?
  • MrOrangeMrOrange Member Posts: 3,012
    edited November -1
    2088378188_6ec6aabd15.jpg

Don't know any 'smiths to help you out, but thanks for the post and the slide show. I'd heard the name of these rifles before but never knew anybody that had one.

If it's been in the family that long, you might want to think twice about selling it, you may miss it for sentimental value later.
  • blackhawk45blackhawk45 Member Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A Brazilian rifle,Made in Belgium ???
  • ChukpikeChukpike Member Posts: 19
    edited November -1
    Yes, The Brazlian Government bought at least 6 different versions of Comblain Rifles for their military. The one I have is probably the Brazilian Comblain Carbine Model M92 (Belgian Comblain Model 88).
    My carbine was manufactured by ED Malherbe Leige, Belgium.

The main identifiers for a Brazlian version is the short receiver, and the additon of an extra locking screw visble on the left side of the reciever. In the picture posted it is the large top screw in the forward area of the receiver.