In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

REMINGTON ROLLING BLOCK

RHINO333RHINO333 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
I HAVE A REMINGTON ROLLING BLOCK SPANISH 43 RIFLE WITH TWO TRIGGERS ONE BEING A SET TRIGGER. TODAY I FEILD STRIPPED THE BREECH BLOCK, EXTRACTOR AND HAMMER FOR CLEANING. I HAVE TRIED TO REINSTALL THE HAMMER BUT CANNOT GET IT TO ROTATE BACK AFTER INSTALLING RETAINING PIN. I HAVE CHECKED EVERYTHING AND EVERYTHING ELSE LOOKS GOOD. THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE WITH THE LOWER BART OF THE HAMMER WHERE A LITTLE PART IS IN BETWEEN THE CUT IN THE CENER BOTTOM. NEED ADVICE.

THANKS IN ADVANCE
RHINO

Comments

• Options
    egerdregerdr Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Without seing your rifle, I can only speculate what is wrong. It sounds like part of the trigger mechanism is blocking the trigger. Try reassembling inthe following order from a stripped reciever.Install the trigger/guard plate assembly and make sure the mainsping fits propery. Sometimes it may be necessary to loosen the mainspring screw a turn or two before installing in the reciever then tighten with an angled screwdiver after the guard is installed.

Next the hammer goes in with its position all the way forward. Insert it straight down and install the pin with it in this position. After the pin is installed, then you should be able to cock the hammer and install the breech block assembly and pin(assuming you have not disassembled the breech block).

For more info on on disassembly/reassembly see "Working the Remington Rolling Block Rifle" in American Gunsmith Sept. 2007 issue. This is a publication of the American Gunsmithing Association.

Also, see Antique Firearms Assembly/Disassembly by David R. Chicoine, published by Gun Digest Books.

Hope this helps,

Dennis Eger
    Eger Custom Gunsmithing