In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Tarus Gaucho

ladamsladams Member Posts: 604 ✭✭✭✭
Anyone have one? What reloads would you recommend for the .45 LC... more in line with regular loads, or the higher pressure loads? Thinking about buying one NIB for 260 with a holster and cartridge belt.

Comments

• Options
    44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are an economical, solid piece and most shoot and function well. They will take "cowboy" loads, or any standard pressure load or factory loaded +P. I would not use the higher (hotter) end handloads that are for Ruger Blackhawks or Freedom Arms guns.
  • Options
    R D HenryR D Henry Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For that price, leather included, you can't really go wrong. Like 44Kid said, stay away from wrist-breaker loads.

I shot with a guy that had a pair of them, and they both performed quite well..very accurate without a lot of extra tuning.

The only consideration I would have, were it me, is that Taurus dropped the Gaucho and the Thunderbolt from the lineup. The T-Bolts have seen more time back at the factory for repairs than they have with their owners.