In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New Black Powder substitute?????

anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
Seems like I remember hearing about a New Black Powder substitute that was supposed to CHANGE EVERYTHING. I seems to think that is was to be out in March ... has anyone heard any more about it? [?][?] Or does anyone remember how to get the info? [?]

I did sound almost too good to be true![;)][;)] Hope that it is true! [:D]

Comments

• Options
    OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think I know what you talking about but I am drawing a black blank at the moment
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,234 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Freudian slip there, odawgp? Drawing a black.

It is Blackhorn 209.
    I don't know if it has come out yet.
  • Options
    mbsamsmbsams Member Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why would anyone want a substitute? Black Powder cartridges - Black Powder Guns - Black Powder forum - Black Powder substitute? I don't think so. It's all about Black Powder! not substitutes -- it's kinda like just using your right hand.
  • Options
    anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yesssssss ... but I don't see how to order on the web-site. I'm sure the info on this stuff will be spreading like wildfire ... maybe not a good term![;)]
  • Options
    tobefreetobefree Member Posts: 7,401
    edited November -1
    From what I can find out it is due to be on shelves sometime this month...
    Supposedly this is the manf. details but I can't confirm..
    Western Powders, Inc. P.O. Box 158. Miles City, MT 59301. Business Phone: 406-234-0422
  • Options
    OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    Freudian slip there, odawgp? Drawing a black.

It is Blackhorn 209.
    I don't know if it has come out yet.

Yup, thats the stuff

damm, it sucks to get older
  • Options
    powderhombrepowderhombre Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah you bet it's all about black powder. If the Federal Government would get out of our lives and let us buy it or sell it! Ok, most of us can buy it with no problem, if you can find it. you have to be licensed, there are so many restrictions on storage and sales, unless you have the right retail set up, you can't do it. the substitues usually have no restrictions and its all that we small retailer can afford to sell. so we gotta do what we can do to provide a service to customer without going to jail!