In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

T C Encore

windyhillmuleswindyhillmules Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
Whats the difference between Encore and Encore Pro-Hunter ?

Comments

• HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    The Encore Pro-Hunter has a laser engraved frame and a swing-away hammer spur. Other than that, some of the things that they marketed when they brought out the Pro-Hunter were the "Easy-clean" 90 degree breech plug for the 50 cal. muzzleloader barrel, the "Flex-Tech" stock and forearm, and the 28" fluted rifle barrels. These last things are not exclusive to the Pro-Hunter as they can be used on the regular Encore.

All in all, I am not sure the "improvements" are worth the $300 premium that most are charging for the Pro-Hunter. If you want an Encore, buy a regular Encore and then accessorize it the way that you want.
  • OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HandgunHTR52
    The Encore Pro-Hunter has a laser engraved frame and a swing-away hammer spur. Other than that, some of the things that they marketed when they brought out the Pro-Hunter were the "Easy-clean" 90 degree breech plug for the 50 cal. muzzleloader barrel, the "Flex-Tech" stock and forearm, and the 28" fluted rifle barrels. These last things are not exclusive to the Pro-Hunter as they can be used on the regular Encore.

All in all, I am not sure the "improvements" are worth the $300 premium that most are charging for the Pro-Hunter. If you want an Encore, buy a regular Encore and then accessorize it the way that you want.

+1

I have an Encore and have all but the flex tech stock and 28" barrel