In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

lever action .357

trucker jimtrucker jim Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
Looking for advise on lever action cowboy guns in .357 cal. I am new to this, and the only advise I have gotten is from people trying to sell me somthing.

Comments

• Options
    PaganPagan Member Posts: 272 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shot a Rossi Model 92 .357 carbine in SASS for years then sold it to another Cowboy shooter who for all I know is still shooting it. It levered like a rusty gate when I first got it but after some smoothing out by a good gunsmith, it was smooth as silk and a tack driver. I always reloaded with 158gr RNFP lead and 4.5gr of Bullseye powder in .357 brass. They always ran better then .38 brass. It made for a fun Cowboy round.
    Truly,
  • Options
    Mort4570Mort4570 Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well,I started with a winny model 94,and they shoot,but not the best choice..too long a lever throw.

Marlins can be smoothed up very slick,and they are a well made shooter.

If you decide to go Rossi model 92 copy,buy one already tuned up frm Nate Kiowa Jones.You'll love it.
  • Options
    huntralhuntral Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    trucker Jim- I bought a Cimmaron in 38 spl. It has the 24 in. barrel. Very smooth action,very accurate, i'm real happy with it. they would be worth a look. I also shoot 38's in my 357 single action pistols. I reload with 3.3 gr. Trailboss powder and 158gr. round nose flat tip bullets. Good luck with it..AL
  • Options
    glabrayglabray Member Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Marlin Model 94 is a good choice.