In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

marlin 32 long

fvpd201fvpd201 Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
Hello,

I am looking for a bullet mold or source for manufactured bullets for a vintage Marlin Ballard rifle. The barrel is marked "32 long".

I understand that Rocky Mountain Cartridge will manufacture the cases that are needed but I am having a problem with bullet.

I did a couple of internet searches in an attempt to understand what the bullets specs are with poor results.

Will someone please explain what a "32 long" round for a Marlin is and a possible source for the bullets or mold?

One source, that I would think would have known what he was talking about,stated that it is a .32 cal outside lubricated heeled bullet and suggeted I contact NEI Tools for the mold. When I talked with NEI Tools, who sells a number of odd molds, the person that answered my inquiry had no idea of what I was talking about.

Thank you very much for your help.

Mark J

Comments

• Options
    longbow589longbow589 Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi and welcome. With all new (old) guns I would have a cast made of the bore and chamber .This will tell you two things . 1<the exact specifications of your chamber .2 if the gun is safe to shoot ,some of these old black powder guns have head space problems and casting will make this very apparent Good luck.
  • Options
    SreloadSreload Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello,I found some info at shootersforum.com under 1892 Marlin. Is your gun centerfire or rf? 32 long colt and short fit rimfire chambers. I moved firing pin to use the centerfire. Send me email and can tell you of a source for the heeled bullet I use.