In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

EMF 1892 Any body have one?

B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
Has any one ever had one or seen one up close? There is nothing like this in their current catalog. Is this what they call the HARTFORD MODEL?
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=95936168

Comments

• Options
    Wolf.Wolf. Member Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    --
    "Hartford" is EMF's house brand for one line of guns that they carry.

Distributors like EMF buys guns from the manufacturer stipulating that the guns be stamped with the distributor's name and other markings.

I've seen one or two of the EMF guns. More important than the barrel stamp (the manufacturer also stamps the gun somewhere with their name), is who the manufacturer is.
  • Options
    B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Wolf. I have never actually seen one or had the opportunity to examine one. I was interested in someones opinion of the workmanship and overll quality, realizing of course that it isn't a Uberti or a Cimmaron. My son would like one (or something like it ) for his birthday in 45 colt.
  • Options
    44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are pretty nice 1892 replicas. Almost all repro 92's can benefit from some gunsmith smoothing, but lubing it up and shooting 300 rounds through one can do the job too. I wouldn't hesitate a minute to get one, there are thousands shooting it up in CAS matches all around the country. 'Cept I'd go for 44-40, original caliber.