In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

All Winchesters gone.

B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    I would have bid but my dealer is 40 miles one way. I got a C&R to save myself an 80 mile round-trip and $35 dealer transfer fees when they aren't necessary. Your auctions say "Law of the land" applies but apparently not Federal Law which allows me to buy your "Winnies" with my C&R FFL license.
  • CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    WINCHESTER, the brand name is WINCHESTER, Winnie is the fat lady that lives down the road, you know, Claudes' old lady.
  • 44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got your back here Spider. It really toasts my muffins when people won't send antique or C&R eligible guns to a C&R holder. I'm always careful to include C&R holders in my auctions if the piece qualifies, and no license required for antiques made prior to 1898.
  • bugmantraapbugmantraap Member Posts: 79 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 1873 at auction on another site. It has a starting bid on it. It was made in 1878. You saying I do not need to ship it to either a C&R or FFL?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bugmantraap
    I have a 1873 at auction on another site. It has a starting bid on it. It was made in 1878. You saying I do not need to ship it to either a C&R or FFL?
    That's correct unless prohibited by state or local law. Most sellers request a copy of the buyer's ID like a driver's license just to cover themselves.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 44caliberkid
    Got your back here Spider. It really toasts my muffins when people won't send antique or C&R eligible guns to a C&R holder. I'm always careful to include C&R holders in my auctions if the piece qualifies, and no license required for antiques made prior to 1898.

C&R holders are subject to the same state and federal background checks required of a Type 1 FFL dealer. We just can't buy and sell for profit. What does the seller care what we do with it after we buy it? Does he only want to sell to someone who is going to profit off his firearm? We also have to maintain a bound book for our acquistions and disposals. This license is issued by the Federal government to allow bona fide collectors to purchase collectible firearms without going through the hassle of 4473's, transfer fees, etc. I'll be damned if I'm going to bid on any firearm where the seller decides to rewrite federal law for whatever ridiculous hangup he or she has. There are plenty of guns out there and sellers who honor the rights and privileges a C&R license affords.