In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

remmington 50 cal

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
what do you all think of the Remmington Genesis in line..

Comments

• Options
    westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used mine for one season then ended up purchasing a Savage. There were only a couple things I didn't like about the gun, for one I had a scope mounted on mine and the design of the "torchcam" made getting the primer on difficult for me, taking the primer off was tricky also. If you were to just use the open sights it wouldn't be a bad investment, the gun is accurate. My only wish is they would re-invent the torchcam, with a scope mounted opening and shutting the cam is to awkward and priming/depriming is timely. Just my two cents though.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by westernMDhunter
    I used mine for one season then ended up purchasing a Savage. There were only a couple things I didn't like about the gun, for one I had a scope mounted on mine and the design of the "torchcam" made getting the primer on difficult for me, taking the primer off was tricky also. If you were to just use the open sights it wouldn't be a bad investment, the gun is accurate. My only wish is they would re-invent the torchcam, with a scope mounted opening and shutting the cam is to awkward and priming/depriming is timely. Just my two cents though.
    I haven't put the scope on yet but I was looking at that last night and it will be close. they have elevated look through scope rings so you can either use iron sights or the scope think I will give them a try it will provide another inch of clearance. Think that will be enough.
  • Options
    westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the elevated rings on mine also, it's close but there's room. With a scope on it was just awkward for me to get the primer on and off, but if you can master that part of it I think you'll be satisfied with the gun. I needed a muzzleloader which I could load another shot in quickly and not fumble around with the primer since where I hunt in Maryland's region B we can legally shoot up to 10 does in one day with blackpowder guns so follow up shots are important, so I went with the Savage. The Genesis is a very accurate shooting gun, can't complain about that part of it. Cleaning it is just about as easy as it gets, seems like forever getting the breech plug out with all them threads it's got one long breech plug on it. Good luck and Great shooting.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by westernMDhunter
    I have the elevated rings on mine also, it's close but there's room. With a scope on it was just awkward for me to get the primer on and off, but if you can master that part of it I think you'll be satisfied with the gun. I needed a muzzleloader which I could load another shot in quickly and not fumble around with the primer since where I hunt in Maryland's region B we can legally shoot up to 10 does in one day with blackpowder guns so follow up shots are important, so I went with the Savage. The Genesis is a very accurate shooting gun, can't complain about that part of it. Cleaning it is just about as easy as it gets, seems like forever getting the breech plug out with all them threads it's got one long breech plug on it. Good luck and Great shooting.
    hey thanks for the reply I appriciate it..