In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

rollingblock conversionI

catosilvajecatosilvaje Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
I have a rollingblock with a bad barrel and would like to convert it to a black powder inline rifle. Can anyone steer me in the direction of a good gunsmith to do this?

Comments

• Options
    44mag44mag Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What model of Rolling block do you have? I may be interested in buying the gun and then you could buy a front loader. We could arrange a "Buy Now" auction.
  • Options
    steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a rolling block with a bad barrel in 43 Spanish and had it rebarreled to 45-70 by David Van Horn. He lives in Gilbert AZ his phone number is 480-892-9630 He makes his own barrels and my gun shoots great.
  • Options
    SreloadSreload Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello,Cabelas offers a Rolling block inline.Somtimes there are some on GB. You could sell your RB action and buy one already made cheaper.
  • Options
    catosilvajecatosilvaje Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There was two nice ones on GB two weeks ago that sold real cheap. They are still made in Italy and have funny looking engraving on the block. Just not too punchy(cowboy). I know this will be expensive but I heven't got ahold of Mr. Vanhorn yet maybe not as bad as I think. catosilvaje