In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Uberti Open Top firing pins

Buyer_bobbyBuyer_bobby Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
FYI on the firing pins on these Open-Tops. I have had soft firing pins on two Open-Tops. A call to VTI revealed that they have three replacement firing pins available. In the white originals, case-colored originals and tool-steel replacements. It seems that the factory pins are just too soft and someone came up with the fix. I now have the tool steel pins and they won't wear out like the originals.

Comments

• TimothyTimothy Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My factory pins required some minor sculpting at first but have since settled down. I think their too long from the factory but if trimmed down right away to give standard indentations on your primer of choice the standard pins will work.
  • Buyer_bobbyBuyer_bobby Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanx Tim for the information. I learned from a tool and die maker turned gunsmith that actually the metal used in the original pins are just too soft. That is why the tool-steel pins are now available. I hope your work around does work though.