In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Conical bullets in 1-28" twist?

MtnloverMtnlover Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
I'm about to get an inline with fiber optic sights for my tired eyes and they all seem to have 1-28" twist for sabots. My old Lyman Plains Rifle has 1-48" twist and I have used Buffalo Bullets and T/C Maxi-Balls here in CO, where sabots are not allowed. Will the old conicals shoot OK in the faster twist?

Comments

• Options
    TimothyTimothy Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Heavier bullets generally shoot best with faster twists, so yes it should be ideal.
  • Options
    anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    1/28 twist is made specifically for conicals. I've been using a T/C Omega 50 (sounds a lot like what you are looking for) it does great with any conical bullet, but just for messing around I've shot round ball through it ... and it is a bit erratic with round ball.
  • Options
    leadburnerleadburner Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you cast,the Lee REAL molds make a very accurate bullet.Mine in .45 cal,.250 grn. shoots about three inches at 100 yards over open sights.It would be better with a scope. I wish they would let us use a scope on muzzle loaders in ND.