In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rossi "Puma" Model 92 (44MAG)

GunFyterGunFyter Member Posts: 106 ✭✭
I went shooting with a friend this weekend, and he has one of the above. He's looking to get a little more serious with Deer hunting by getting a 30-30. Needless to say, I liked shooting the Rossi. We weren't doing any serious shooting, just some long range plinking on his property. I looked the gun over, and the Blueing is +99%. Any ideas on what a fair offer would be? I was going to suggest $250, but I didn't want to insult him since I know nothing about Rossis. Are they quality guns? Will the action "slick" up over time? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    R D HenryR D Henry Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Rossi's are adequate shooters, I've had a couple over the years. Given enough shooting, they will loosen up to a certain extent, but if you want that thing to flat-out sing, send it to this guy! He's the wizard of the 92's and a fellow SASS member.

http://stevesgunz.com/index.htm

If it's a fairly new rifle, in good condition, your buddy could probably get $350-400 out of it. When you check Steve's site, look at what he charges for a brand new one, with his tune-up already done to the gun.

I thought hard and serious about buying one of his before, but I'm spoiled by my 73 and Henry, not to mention I shoot black powder. [8D]
  • Options
    GunFyterGunFyter Member Posts: 106 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the reply RD. I purchased it 2 months back for $300 and some power tools I didn't need anymore!
  • Options
    LEE3370LEE3370 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just bought a new one in .454 Casull, using 45 long colts in it.
    It has the Hi-Viz sights and I LOVE it. My old eyes can see the sights and it is a ball to shoot at 75 yards. Broke it in with 500 rounds, knocked the cans and rocks all over the place. This is my first time with a lever gun so I don't know "how they are supposed to work". I just know when I work the lever it feels good and it never jammed up one time.
    I paid $550 for it.