In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

lost colt 3rd mod.

jeffie076jeffie076 Member Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm looking for a long lost colt 3rd mod. dragoon (the real macoy). I hope someone out there might have seen this gun in they're travels. It's has a case hardened ser.#ed frame, blued cyl/bbl, it's got the name R. Dolan engraved on the back strap. I personally built this gun for my dad back in the 80's as a b'day presant. he moved from his first home in fla. to a new place and after the move he found that the gun did'nt make it with him, so I'm calling it a LOST, (not stolen) pistol and I'm wondering if maybe somebody has seen it. thanks Jeff

Comments

• GunBuffGunBuff Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gee Jeffie I am sorry to hear about this special bonding item between you and your dad.
    If you have not done so already try retracing your dad's steps,notify the realestate,movers, local gun shops, police departments,gun dealer assosiations that have gun shows in the area,carefully place an add in the local nawspaper,I would go to the ends of the earth if it were me, and anything else you can think of. nothing can replace this careing act of love. You may want to place this mesage in the general discussions forum, in fact also the other gun related forums on the web.
    Good Luck in your serch.
    Mike G.